[Arm-netbook] U-Boot, boot.scr and ext4 troubles

Peter Steenbergen p.steenbergen at j1nx.nl
Fri Jul 6 10:51:33 BST 2012

OK, it is only now that I wanted to file an issue on github that I
discovered "garycramblitt <https://github.com/garycramblitt>" already did
it a month ago ;)

Anyway. I redid the SD card partitioning and indeed my boot.scr works if I
boot it from a vfat partition. Now to me it looks stupid to use two
partitions just for some files, which can be happily placed inside the
/boot directory. EXT2 and EXT3 (backwards compatible) are supported, but
EXT4 is better for flash media.

So, I applied the following patch to the current master branche and it
applied cleanly.
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/161382/

I builded the files and it builded correctly as well. Now, I am still at
work so have not yet tested the patched version. Will do that tonight.