[Arm-netbook] U-Boot, boot.scr and ext4 troubles

Peter Steenbergen p.steenbergen at j1nx.nl
Thu Jul 5 22:42:39 BST 2012

This is most likely for Hendrik but others might know as well.

I want to boot from SD with only one ext4 partition with boot.scr
script.bin and uImage located in /boot/

This is the content of boot.cmd;

setenv setargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 loglevel=8 panic=10
rootfstype=ext4 elevator=noop rootwait
ext2load mmc 0 0x43000000 boot/script.bin
ext2load mmc 0 0x48000000 boot/uImage
watchdog 0
bootm 0x48000000

And I create the boot.scr from this file with the following command;

mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d boot.cmd boot.scr

Like I said above boot.scr, the script.bin and the kernel are located at
the first partition (ext4) in /boot/
When I try to boot the Mele A1000, I got the following out put;

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
reading boot.scr

** Unable to read "boot.scr" from mmc 0:1 **
** File not found boot.scr
** File not found boot/boot.scr
reading script.bin

** Unable to read "script.bin" from mmc 0:1 **
reading uImage

** Unable to read "uImage" from mmc 0:1 **
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
sun4i#

What is going on? What do I miss? I must say, the ext4 partition is the
first but does not start at 2048. Does that generate any problems?

Thanks in advanced,

Peter