[Arm-netbook] ARM's OOB para-virtualization & FreeZone in A10?

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 5 16:07:13 BST 2012

Thank you Luke for supporting me on this mailing list and FreedomBox
Foundation's mailing list. Because FreedomBox Foundation's goal is to
maintain the safety of activists, I was surprised that the hardware
safety issues I brought up were not previously addressed, that their
knowledge of bluetooth geolocation traking and OOB monitoring is not up
to date as no discussed Intel VT, AMD V and ARM's virtualization
extensions and they did not give me a chance to and that they banned me.

To reciprocate, I would like to support you, Luke. Thanks for being bold
to share that in 2006 government intelligence retaliated by over heating
your hard drive. Fortunately, you were able to save your data. I do
believe you. My abuser retaliated against the computer security experts
my mother and I hired. While one was helping my mother, the entire
length of the side of his car was keyed in front of my mother's house. A
new paint job is expensive. Intimidation works. My mother had to hire a
replacement computer security expert. When I tried to hire computer
security experts, some replied that hardening Fedora is not necessary.
Thus, I had to disclose that my abuser's crackers are targeting my
computers. Most were afraid to help me. Of those that did help me, three
had their computers crash. Two of them lost their data, including the
hardened software they were creating for me. Perhaps Jack's crackers
used the SPAM method that over heated your hard drive?

I do not like mentioning incidents that I cannot substantiate in
technically. For example, searching for cracker and crash or over
heating hard drive does not give articles. Presently, people have a
predisposition not to believe that an abuser would hire an investigator
or a cracker or that government would not monitor activists. Perhaps
because believing this would make them look paranoid? Now, if a person
wants confidentiality, they become a suspicious person or a paranoid
person. For example, if a person is not willing to post a profile of
their identity for the world to see, they cannot search for a room to
rent on roommates.com.

It was only 13 years ago that the opposite was true. Intel's disclosure
of a processor serial number (PSN) in the Pentium III caused China and
EU to threaten banning the Pentium III. Americans were threatening to
boycott the Pentium III. Intel misrepresented they will discontinue the
PSN (they merely disabled it in the Pentium 4) and formed the
organization that created the Trusted Platform Module (TPM).

There are thousands of licensed investigators. They have to get paid by
someone! Investigators are no longer "gum shoes." "Gum shoes" was an old
term implying that investigators walk and drive around for data.
Investigators procure most of their data online, including hiring
crackers. There are thousands of crackers in the world. They have to get
paid by someone! An American investigator can hire a cracker anywhere in
the world to crack a computer anywhere in the world.

To respond to Luke's comment that the level of sophistication of my
abuser's crackers would be expensive. Crackers have become well
organized and sophisticated. Companies and governments are increasingly
hiring crackers to procure discovery in litigation by law firms, trade
secrets and defense secrets.  The Department of Defense admitted that
their subcontractors are being cracked by China. One computer security
expert I hired thinks Jack hired a cracker with connections to the
Russian Business Network. Perhaps.

Once installed, malware works for free. Hence, I encrypted my home
directory while installing Fedora. I went online only with live DVDs.
However, after cracking my computers, they infect my word files with
macros, infect my PDF files and my movie files. ClamAV can no longer
open these. I deleted all my movies and deleted unnecessary PDF files. I
switched from LibreOffice to gedit. I ceased copying my files into
Fedora's home directory. My files are on removable media. They infected
my removable media with USB worms including a firmware rootkit in my
Sansa Clip MP3 players. Inserting my removable media infects the
computers.

This mailing list does not need to believe that my abuser's
investigators hired crackers. Just be open minded. Don't automatically
think anyone who claims that they are being cracked is paranoid. The
purpose of my posts in this mailing list and freedombox foundation's
mailing list is to recognize the privacy breaches in hardware and to
create a customized safe open hardware if none already exist.

The only safe open netbook I have found is the Lemote Yeeloong netbook.
A2 was developed in 2008. A3's development started in 2009 yet Lemote
emailed that it is still not available for export to USA. The Lemote
Yeeloong A3 may never be exported to the USA. Last year, MIPS started
developing virtualization. Yeeloong does not have virtualization. There
is practically no support for Yeeloong. AMD and Google are considering
purchasing MIPS. After the buy out there will be no support for MIPS.
There will be only three manufacturers of processers in the world and
they all have virtualization.

To summarize, let us recognize the need for safe open hardware for
everyone, regardless of whether they are abusers or activists, recognize
privacy breaches in hardware, set up specifications for a safe open
hardware and attempt to manufacturer and distribute it.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012, at 01:28 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM, nil <namespace_collision at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > because the questions were ill-founded. Apophenia and paranoia, however useful
> > they might be in one's own circumstances, are liabilities in the design of
> > secure systems.
>
>  nil: you're out of line.  this individual is experiencing *direct*
> attacks against a wide range of hardware: every system they've
> purchased so far has been compromised by extremely sophisticated and
> knowledgeable hardware-level illegal hacking.  it is not theoretical
> for them: it is a day-to-day reality. they are therefore seeking a
> hardware system which is inviolate against hardware-based low-level
> attacks.
>
>  as they have such direct experience with ongoing attacks that could
> be useful for the freedombox team to learn from i've raised the issue
> with james vasile because i feel it's highly inappropriate that the
> freedombox foundation should "stick its fingers in users' ears" on the
> users' behalf.
>
>  l.

                          unladen european swallow