[Arm-netbook] ARM HDA Advice?

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 09:50:26 BST 2012

2012/7/5 cnxsoft <cnxsoft at cnx-software.com>

>  On 05/07/2012 01:29, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>
> You might want to peek at Amahi (www.amahi.org).
> There is a ubuntu version released today. This one also supports ARMv7. It
> is only tested on TI Pandaboard (OMAP4), but I am planning to install it on
> my Mele A2000 too.
> It is based upon ubuntu 12.04
> If you are interested in doing the same I am more than happy to assist (I
> am the ubuntu dev lead for amahi).
>
> Frans (eFfeM on irc)
>
>  I tried it yesterday on my Mele A1000. The installation appears to work
> (and takes over one hour when installing on an SD card), but when I restart
> I get a lot "init: isc-dhcp-server main process ended, respawning". I
> assume it's because I don't have an initramfs which makes upstart unhappy.
> I can also go to http://localhost:2000 to continue the installation, but
> it will stop after 12%, (stop: Unknown instance).
>

> Thanks for the test and for reporting back.
SD is indeed terribly slow, that is why HD is recommended. (still need to
sort out how to get ubuntu on a (usb) hd on mele and boot from it (maybe
with kernel on SD))

I'll try to peek into it soon (but have limited time as I am in the midst
of a home renovation project).
The isc-dhcp-server thing looks like a bug.
Wrt the installation stopping at 12%. This could be network related (maybe
triggered by a bug).
iirc it does some apt-get installs there.
Not sure how you got there though. If you used the official procedure you
do not need the graphical installer.
Did you follow this procedure: http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Ubuntu ?

Best regards, Frans