[Arm-netbook] ARM HDA Advice?

Alexander Ross abushcrafter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:50:41 BST 2012

While rhombus-tech goodies are in the works :). Umm is there any nice
efficient arm computers suitable for a HDA (Home Digital Assistant or in
other words a home server.) All our money is magic money -debt- btw. So it
will need to be cost us less to run then what the electric bill would other
wise work out :).

*1GB ram min. Tribler & JD seam to like there rum.
*1.*GHZ probley best. Don't think MHz is up to it.
*Lots of SATA :P. IE 6 hard drives.
*A 100% free software only distribution that will be supported for a few
years at least.

I have plenty of PCs :D but they all are power hogs. The best PC I guess,
is 60W @ 2GHz cpu but I have a 1.6GHz cpu, no SATA :(.

I see there are lots of HDA sort of thing arm computers. Do
existing/supported for a few years distributions work on them? Are they
mostly locked down useless rubbish? Or do I just wait for a nice
rhombus-tech HDA :D.

I want to run the flowing software:
*Tribler -_The_ future of bittorent-
*NFS
*Backup -Undecided-
*Fatrat? Miro? Or some other podcast getter? ...need to decide
*JDownloader
*Decentralised search engines
*Tor
*PVR maybe
*Decentralised social stuff maybe. I have rubbish Internet connection. At
the moment down is around 50 kbs best has been 190kbs. Up is under 100kbs
last I checked.
*GNU telephony
*IRC client -Undecided-
*coccinella.im -xmmp-
*FTP and/or Samba
*Portable computers sync -Cameras,Citizen Spy Device or Nano Note if I ever
get magic money-
xbmc resume to last position info (Can't remember if it needs some software
running.)
*Music streamer -Undecided-

Sorry ARM newbie here. Any good reading you recommend to help me understand
the ARM world will be muchly appreciated but if am blood sucking to much do
say.

--
I'm on StatusNet var identi and Diaspora.

When you share a email address on the Internet please protect it from spam
spiders!
I recommend using reCAPTCHA: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhide/

My protected email address:
http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhide/d?k=01X0uFh0_II-DVISwU7Xd4bQ==&c=4L574Gi17lrOMNqUMTubhcPKY3CoeNHCDFTh9PJb1pg=

Getting my self out of the gmail lock-in is on the to-do list.