[Arm-netbook] x11 for a10 cpu

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Wed Jul 4 10:34:42 BST 2012

On 04/07/2012 08:05, Tom Cubie wrote:
>> 0x3003 == 12291 make sense :-)
> i got the reply from arm.
>
> I think you are having this problem because your X11 environment is
> configured to load the GLX extension and switch on AIGLX. GLX and
> AIGLX are used to enable hardware acceleration in X11 on OpenGL
> capable GPU. But Mali support OpenGLES, not OpenGL, so these
> extensions cannot be used.
>
> If you refer to the xorg.conf template from DX910-SW-99003 package
> then you will see that it does not load the GLX extension nor switch
> on AIGLX. Please can you try disabling the loading of the GLX
> extension and switch of AIGLX in your xorg.conf.
>
> If your xorg.conf neither explicitly loads the GLX extension nor
> switches on AIGLX, the xorg-server that you are using could have been
> compiled without the --disable-glx option. In that case, you should
> obtain a xorg-server that was compiled with this option.
Thanks Tom. I've done some further tests.

AIGLX did show up in Xorg.0.log, so I tried to disable it in xorg.conf:

Section "Serverflags"
         Option  "AIGLX" "false"
EndSection

and

Section "Module"
         Disable "dri"
         Disable "glx"
EndSection

AIGLX loading stuffs are now gone in the log but I still get the same
error message (and code) when running glmark2-es2 or es2_info.

My xorg-server is the one used in Linaro 12.06 release (xorg-server
2:1.11.4-0ubuntu10.2+ti1.0linaro2) which appears to be build with
--disable-aiglx and --disable-glx according to the build log
<https://launchpadlibrarian.net/105737083/buildlog_ubuntu-precise-armhf.xorg-server_2%3A1.11.4-0ubuntu10.2%2Bti1.0linaro2_BUILDING.txt.gz>
(Although I can see configure run twice, once without the options and
once with).
So it looks like it might be another issue.