[Arm-netbook] Looking for an ARM Netbook !

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jul 4 07:17:10 BST 2012

 On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:31:12 +0100, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
 wrote:

>  to give you some idea of how successful this is: i was forced to
> purchase a £20 three.co.uk 3G modem on a PAYG basis.  i was also
> forced to pay between £50 and £75 *per month* on the data charges -
> this was the best possible rate available under PAYG conditions.
>
>  this PAYG 3G modem was also the best possible option amongst all of
> the 3G modem vendors.

 You can't have looked very hard. At £50-£75/month for data charges,
 you'd be better off getting an Orange San Francisco (£100 on PAYG), put
 Cyanogen on it (unlocks it and adds tethering features) and use 3's
 £15/month all-you-can-eat PAYG top-up package. GiffGaff do a similar
 deal. T-Mobile used to (I'm on a T-Mobile £15/month rolling SIM-only
 contract with all-you-can-eat data - in fact that's what I'm connecting
 over at the moment).

 Gordan