[Arm-netbook] Removing wifi

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 03:41:11 BST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM,  <freebirds at hushmail.com> wrote:
> A member speculated that I need to remove wifi because I work for the
> government. I just posted what I do need. I should explain that I am a
> domestic violence victim. My abuser hired investigators. The investigators
> hired hackers. My abuser's hackers broke into my storage unit, car and room
> where I had my netbooks.
> [...]

 i believe it's appropriate to quote ian bank's book "excession",
specifically the reaction of the pursuing Minds tasked to track one
particular Mind (AI space craft) and their complete utter failure to
do that as, after 20 years of an otherwise sedate and slow-paced
lifestyle it accelerates in hyperspace, in a matter of a few minutes,
to 240x the speed of light.  however, under the circumstances it's not
appropriate to actually repeat the phrase used.

 well - that would explain the use of the anonymising mail service.

 you're aware that mobile phones are also vulnerable to remote
hacking?  not the smartphone's processor, but the *actual GSM or 3G*
processor.  i learned recently that a requirement of all mobile phones
is to allow arbitrary remote code to be downloaded over-the-air to the
Radio ROM's processor.  in this way the mobile phone can be turned
into a remote monitoring system, providing remote access to whatever
features the phone has.  so it's also quite likely that the phone,
even when it *appears* to be switched off, could provide access to
audio data as well as positional data (*1)

 but you probably knew that already.

 henrik, just to confirm with you: it is now possible to boot up an
A10 to a useful state, entirely from code where we now have the source
code for everything that's involved in the boot process, right? (*2)

 l.

(*1) this probably also applies to those 3G modems. no... it
definitely applies to those 3G modems as well.
(*2) even if some of that source code is .asm assembler?