[Arm-netbook] mali X server

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Mon Jul 2 12:24:56 BST 2012

On 20/06/2012 11:23, Tom Cubie wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Jock Tanner <tanner.of.kha at gmail.com
> <mailto:tanner.of.kha at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I have switched to debian wheezy, armhf architecture. It seems that UI
>     reaction quite improved. Thank you, Haakon!
>
>     I've also built mali_drv.so from sources, but when I try to put it to
>     work through xorg.conf it just exits right after start without any
>     error messages or segfaults. Xorg logs contains absolutely no ee's or
>     ww's. Don't know how to make the system more verbose. The obvious
>     point of potential conflicts is libUMP.so, but I don't know how to
>     check its version either. Do anybody have any advice on debugging? Or
>     maybe I should simply try to build older version.
>
>     Jock
>
> Hi, i have created a page about mali x11 driver
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/Compile_X11_driver_for_A10/
> According to the document from ARM, the fb driver should be modified.
> I have done everything
> the documents write, and X runs with no obvious error, but the mali
> doesn't run. I have no idea
> what's wrong.

> --

I've tried the instructions at
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/Compile_X11_driver_for_A10/, but
all I get is a blank screen
I'm using VGA output, and Xorg.log stops when loading the mali module:
[    23.878] (II) LoadModule: "mali"
[    23.879] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/mali_drv.so

I'm using the default kernel in github and all modules are loaded:
lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
8192cu                508465  0
mali_drm                1954  0
drm                   176728  1 mali_drm
mali                  130896  0
hdmi                   15237  0
lcd                     2706  0
disp                  219086  2 hdmi,lcd
ump                    42542  2 mali,disp

I use /etc/module as follows:
lcd
hdmi
ump
disp
fb
mali
mali_drm
8192cu

So the order seems fine, except I don't have an fb.ko modules because it
is built-in the kernel.

I'm using Linaro 12.06 ALIP rootfs (armhf), so I'm not so sure what is
causing, and looking for advice before I dig into mali_drv code.
There are 2 r2p4 versions: r2p4-02rel1-02rel1(the one I use) and
r2p4-02rel0 so I'm not sure I use the right one.