[Arm-netbook] Low-power Vortex processors

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Tue Jan 31 07:07:02 GMT 2012

mån 2012-01-30 klockan 20:51 -0600 skrev Bari Ari:

> http://www.vortex86sx.com/?page_id=286

Some interesting oddness is that it has 2MB SPI flash for BIOS embedded
in the SoC. And up to 9 UART? No 3D acceleration at all. PCIe, and an
ISA bus?

Other than that all the interfaces one expect from a SoC.

 VGA/DVO TTL 18/24 bit
 TV out/in
 HDMI
 PCIe x2
 UARTs (many)
 100Mbps Ethernet
 USB2.0 x4
 PATA & SATA
 SPI
 ADC
 HD Audio
 I2C
 SD
 LPT
 etc..

Seems to have some similarities to the A10 in that many of the pins (88
pins of ?) have programmable function, allowing the available I/O
mechanisms to be tuned to the application. But the A10 is far more
flexible.

No idea on performance. But I would not expect it to be a power horse.

Regards
Henrik