[Arm-netbook] mid-mount connectors

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:07:30 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

> So, in a OpenSource Hardware do NOT use andyspecialconnectors, where you
> can not get replacements easyly.  Using one connector per type is OK
>
> However, there are Auto-Muxers from Maxim and TI for the "Mini-USB 5 AB"
> which support USB Host, USB Device, Charging and Audio (headset).

 the allwinner a10 plus its support-power-chip, the AXP209, already
has this... oh wait, except for the audio (headset) part.  hmm...

 don't worry, folks: we're not pushed for space (horizontally).

 for other products which don't necessarily have such high-integration
of power and USB-OTG already, it's worth keeping these options in
mind.

 i don't really want to push the price up of the allwinner EOMA68 cards.