[Arm-netbook] MALI source licensing

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:27:32 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Alec Ari <neotheuser at ymail.com> wrote:
>> can you publish your tree so we can compare your changes to
>> ours? (and
>> hopefully unify) if not ready for alioth you could use
>> github
>> temporarily (cough).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alejandro Mery
>

>>  please do not "delay" pushing code.
>>
>>  now you know exactly _why_ i asked for people to work in
>> public,
>> because if one person "delays", others cannot coordinate and
>> assist.
>>
>>  l.
>
> It won't compile in it's current state right now FYI

 doesn't matter: it's work that someone else could take over from and
finish off.

> bummer those, but this is even a bigger bummer to me and I'm not happy about any of this either, believe me..

 well... lesson learned.

 now you know why i always _always_ work out of public repositories.
over 15 years i've seen people go "no i'll do it, *i* want to be the
one to learn how to do this" and "no it's not ready, i don't want to
be criticised for having released code that doesn't work" and "no i
don't want anyone to think it's complete".

almost all of the projects where someone gives a sentence in which the
word "i" appears as a reason for not releasing it, the code never sees
the light of day.