[Arm-netbook] AMD APU's in EOMA and ARM SOC's with PCIe

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 05:40:17 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:45 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
>> On 22/01/2012 23:13, Henrik Nordström wrote:
>>
>>> - MicroSD storage for increased persistent storage. Could even be the
>>> sole storage (no NAND required).
>>
>> why not used that lock-down memory card connector?
>> that way it could be in the centre of the card and not require and edge.
>
>  centre of the card still means a casework redesign, which means not
> being able to use off-the-shelf mass-produced parts that have been
> around for over 15 years.

 ... but for EOMA-CF that's an entirely different matter.  the thing's
too small, and the casework is typically plastic anyway, it'll need a
custom design because we won't get the connectors on the front of a
standard bit of CF plastic.

 so there _yes_, putting memory card connectors in the centre of the
card is sensible.... _if_ there's a big enough space to put it!  it's
incredibly tight for space...