[Arm-netbook] EOMA-CF

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Sun Jan 22 21:16:28 GMT 2012

On 01/18/2012 12:01 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> my mum is a camera enthusiast.  got a nice digital SLR.  the funny
> thing is, it takes CompactFlash cards.  which i hadn't actually
> handled for quite some time.
>
> so, it came as something of a shock for me to pick one up, and see
> just how tiny it is.  i know it's technically possible to fit CPU, RAM
> and NAND into that small a space, but when you actually look at it,
> it's like... wow.  are we _really_ going to have a fully-functioning
> stand-alone computer with micro-hdmi, USB-OTG, headphones socket and a
> MicroSD slot?

If the A10 was available in POP package then a CF card would be viable.
As it currently is the DDR bus would probably have to slowed to be able
to fit external DDR into the board space of CF since all the traces have
to be of equal length.

I have TI omap boards that use POP and the entire board is CF sized, as
are most of the cell phone CPU PCB's today

-Bari