[Arm-netbook] MALI source licensing

Alec Ari neotheuser at ymail.com
Sun Jan 22 07:21:16 GMT 2012

Hi, I'm finishing up the very last bits of the 3.0.17 port and I noticed that the virtex820 config files are released under a confidential and proprietary license. Is that an error? All the other files are released under GPL v2 and I'd like to make modifications to the files to bump to the latest MALI driver release, but due to the licensing I don't think I can... Advice as to what to do with the MALI code? I rather not have to hack the GPL v2 code to make it work with the propriety code and potentially break every other MALI chip included in the source.. Is there any possible way to make the virtex820 code under GPL so I am free to modify and distribute? A bit of a cruel move by ARM I must say if I can't...