[Arm-netbook] Marvell Kirkwood + Volari vs Tegra2, 3 or omap4460

Iliya Georgiev ikgeorgiev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 09:45:58 GMT 2012

Hi Gordan,
I have got one Toshiba AC100 - a netbook with tegra 2 inside. The model has
one mini pcie port for the WWAN module. It is slow speed mini pci-e port,
because it is wired to usb port. The model has also a second mini pci-e
port that does not have a header. I wondered If the latter is full speed
port and utilizes the integratedl in Tegra 2 pci-e controller or again it
is wired to usb port. And can it be used?

I found full schematics of AC100. In page 15 there are schematics for the
pci-e functionalities in the board that maybe explain everything.
Unfortunately I am not strong in PCB design and do not understand
much. Below is also screenshot with the Toshiba AC100 board. The area for
the second mini pci-e port without header (only wires) is between areas 1
and 6.

Full schematics of Toshiba AC100:

http://wenku.baidu.com/view/acb434727fd5360cba1adb1c.html

Screenshot of the board of Toshiba AC100:

http://www.3dnews.ru/_imgdata/img/2010/08/26/597435/tac100-inside-lwcase-big.jpg

Iliya