[Arm-netbook] A10 devkits

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:17:47 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:

>>  ... mmm... i've been kinda reluctant to push it, because, well... if
>> you've got $250 to spare, i'd rather see it go towards EOMA68
>> hardware, to be honest!
>
> :-) no problem, I can reserve that budget for EOMA ;-)

 teehee.

> what's the updated schedule?

 * bari's on a current project, almost done (few days or so).  i've
done bits-and-pieces of components and turned app note schematics into
useable schematics for him, for when he's ready.
 * the stuff i did in KiCAD gave me enough to create a BOM
 * ellen (owner of the larrrge factory in china) is very interested so
she has received and will review the BOM and do some pricing after
chinese new year.  ok, given that she never stops working she'll
probably do it _during_ new year...

 basically once bari's on the case it should be pretty quick.  it is
however going to be fairly labour-intensive (manual layout), although
really, there aren't that many parts, and he has access to all the
electronics simulation tools etc.

>>  and, given that pretty much any 7in allwinner a10 tablet, esp with
>> that SD-MMC break-out board and with USB booting is pretty much
>> identical to the devkit _and_ is 1/2 the price...
>
> I have one, Aura LY-F1, but to boot that from SD you need to use an
> awful windows program called PhoenixCard which is in chinese...

 ooo, niiiice.

> has anyone made it work? :p can you document the process? :-)

 what about the one that was in that humungous tarball from ainol?  at
least that's documented.