[Arm-netbook] cost of pcmcia connectors

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:53:12 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Justin Cormack
<justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:

> Looking through Digikey, pcmcia connectors that are available, and RoHS
> compliant are few and far between and cost about $7 plus in small quantities
> for the motherboard header alone, and are mostly non stock items.

 yep.

> eg this is a typical basic socket, which is still $5 in thousands.
>
> http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/5535655-1/5535655-1-ND/2259120

 yep - ignore digikey.  and mouser.  and any supplier in the west.

> Anyone got better sources

 yes.  give it a week.  we put in a request to a very large automated
pcb company to do the maths / research.

 PCMCIA is still used in satellite TV decoders, so we know it's still
mass-volume.