[Arm-netbook] Android Market on A10

Alec Ari neotheuser at ymail.com
Thu Jan 19 23:20:43 GMT 2012

Hello! I came across this game called "Real Racing 2" for Android by Electronic Arts, the graphics look quite impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEnYRtbNCO8

I was wondering if "Android Market" works on the A10. I'm not 100% sure but I think Android Market only works on certain devices with signed signatures or something. I know that with a hacked ARCHOS device with a custom kernel in "Developer mode" or whatever they call it, Android market doesn't work. I have very little experience with Android at all, let alone their market. The reason I ask is because I'd like to see this game in action on the A10.

Irrelevant comment: While I was working on the 2.6.39.4 kernel for the A10, I updated the MALI arch-ca8-virtex820-m400-1 driver to the latest MALI 400 release (Mali-400 GPU Linux Kernel Device Driver r2p3-01rel0) Might increase performance / fix bugs? Btw should I finish the 2.6.39.4 patch up and push to arm-netbook alioth tree for the sake of clean-up or are we discarding the alioth code since we have the github source? I still don't know exactly what the plan is with the kernel source (if there is a plan.) I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to get a general idea of the workflow.

-Alec