[Arm-netbook] ARM SOC Pricing

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Wed Jan 18 21:19:26 GMT 2012

On 01/18/2012 03:03 PM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
>> Maybe for EOMA110 (CompactPCIe)?
> The ECX1000 isn't really a CPU you run in isolation. It's meant for
> large scale clustering with many of these beasts tightly connected. I
> would expect it to be quite off the scale in pricing for most other
> uses, but at the same time very competive in that application space
> thanks to the integrated high performance Ethernet interconnect.

There is no reason why it can't be run on it's own.I could also design a
small card based format for the ECX1000 to slide into a high speed
switched backplane for clusters/cloud. Maybe it will be EOMA110.

I've had supercomputer designs for Mips, x86 and ATI GPU's. Maybe ARM's
time has finally come?

-Bari