[Arm-netbook] ARM SOC Pricing

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Jan 18 18:03:08 GMT 2012

It's 4+1. You run either the single low-power core or up to quad high-power cores, they can not run at he same time. It can switch between the two modes pretty fast however. The different cores are even made at different manufacturing processes to optimize powera/performance in the two modes.

So little work, single lowpower core, increasing load and switch over to the high poer cores, as many you need up to 4.

I can imagine that the details in how it switches may be interesting as for a short while you have no cores running...

----- Ursprungsmeddelande -----