[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 pinout change may be needed

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Wed Jan 18 05:13:22 GMT 2012

On 01/17/2012 10:59 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> always good to check, eh?
>
> http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68#Pinouts_.28Version_1.0.29
> http://pinouts.ws/pcmcia-pinout.html
>
> anybody notice where the power pins come in, on PCMCIA?  they drop
> right smack on EOMA68's ethernet TX lines.  i'd therefore like to swap
> the GPIO group as a block to sit over the power pins of legacy PCMCIA.

Yes. I was going to point that out since I believe that somebody could
still jamb a PCMCIA card into the EOMA68 slots. But not vice versa. So
we should protect the EOMA68 mainboards from any damage every time it is
sure to happen.

> also, bari, what did you think of the idea of converting 2 GNDs to power?
> http://elinux.org/Talk:Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68
> http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2012-January/001822.html

EOMA68 10.5mm cards could make use of the two extra power pins to
support multicore ARM or x85 designs. I was still debating where and how
to cleverly implement them.

-Bari