[Arm-netbook] Microsoft confirms UEFI fears, locks down ARM devices

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:09:32 GMT 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:

>> may be enabled' — which prevents users from customizing their security,
>> and in section 21: 'Disabling Secure MUST NOT be possible on ARM
>> systems' to prevent you from booting any other OSes."
>
> I rather expect that all it'll take to disable all that is a working JTAG.

 *click*.... now that's... of course.  smart.

 two problems though: a) it doesn't help the average user (who won't
know what a JTAG is) b) i may be wrong about this but it still won't
gain you the private key, so it would only be people prepared to hack
their device electronically who could benefit, and nobody else.