[Arm-netbook] motherboard negotiation

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:11:19 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Darn, there goes my dream of having something that can drive my 2560x1600 display that'll also fit in my pocket.
>
>  mmm.... there's always the HDMI output.  this is about the internal
> RGB-TTL connector.

 ... unless, by 2560x1600 display you mean you bought just the LCD panel? :)

 in which case, it _might_ still be possible: the limit is the speed
at which the RGB/TTL bus can be driven (and which the LCD panel
accepts).

 2560*1600 is 4m-pixels (4096000).  bus width is 24-bit so don't worry
about that.  assume 60hz, that means a 240mhz clock rate, i.e. each of
the PCMCIA pins is going to be driven at 240mhz, which is probably a
bit much, all considering.  if you halved it to 30fps or maybe brought
it down to 40fps you might get away with it, but it's going to depend
on the LCD panel as to whether it accepts refresh rates outside of
spec [many do, but it's not guaranteed].

we figured 1920x1080 (2m-pixels) at 60hz was just about ok :)

once you're through the RGB/TTL bus then you're ok, you can put
whatever LVDS driver IC is required.