[Arm-netbook] Port to 2.6.39.4 WIP

Alec Ari neotheuser at ymail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:37:27 GMT 2012

Thank you for your input everybody! btw Phil, I do have write access to the git tree, I already added my rsa pub key to my aloith account. I'll keep working on the patch and post my changes soon. Also, I chose 2.6.39.4 because I thought any higher would be too big of a leap. When the patch is submitted, going higher shouldn't be that much of a hassle though for the risk takers, especially with all the clean-up. I think it would be best to try and get 2.6.39.4 working on the Allwinner when we get our boards, and after we learn more of the fundementals, test everything, and get it working, then work on even newer releases. I think this is at least a good headstart, and would give us all clean and fresh code to work with, making releases such as 3.X easier in the future. I appreciate your feedback everyone!

-Alec Ari