[Arm-netbook] Port to 2.6.39.4 WIP

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Thu Jan 12 10:21:21 GMT 2012

Hi Alec,

El 12/01/12 10:47, Alec Ari escribió:
> Hi! I'm more than half way done porting the Allwinner A10 kernel code
> to a newer kernel release; 2.6.39.4. I am making changes to the code
> only when necessary and trying to keep things as close to upstream as
> possible, making future updates easier and less of a hassle. I was
> wondering if it would be OK to push the changes into the custom head
> I have created; lichee/for-next, that way at least developers can
> look it over and make more changes where necessary. I'm also removing
> an absolutely insane amount of whitespace at the same time during the
> port, along with a lot of code clean-up.

may I ask why 2.6.39? 3.0 is old but at least it's LTS...

Tom is trying to convince his manager to make their internal 2.6.36 git
repo (with history!) public so I'm holding my own clean up and porting
to master until there is an answer on that. It might make the process
much easier if we can see and understand how was it developed, and will
also allow us to preserve authorship correctly.

cheers,
Alejandro Mery