[Arm-netbook] Multiple PCB designs

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 18:33:49 GMT 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM, jonsmirl at gmail.com <jonsmirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you considered multiple PCB designs?

personally: as a secondary priority, yes.  it took more than eight
months of analysis and arguing to come up with those
lowest-common-denominator interfaces, and to analyse the potential
products and markets, one by one, to make sure that, as a concept,
EOMA-PCMCIA would actually work.

however i would love to see alternatives... but our primary focus is
to get EOMA-PCMCIA (or EOMA-CF) into mass-volume products.

so, that having been said: if anyone can think of ways to get
alternative products put together, i'd love to hear it, and put
together some documentation on

l.

> The high speed core part of
> the layout would be identical on all of them. Just change the
> peripherals around. Doing it that way eliminates the need for getting
> all of the extra signals out on the EOMA board.
>
> 1) EOMA
> 2) HDMI stick (put a wifi module on it that already has FCC approval,
> USB for power)
> 3) VGA out
> 4) Component HD or SD TV out
> 5) Dev board with everything accessible
> 6) SODIMM
> 7) HDMI MDL
>
> This project does not need to pass UL or FCC radiator so there is no
> large regulatory cost associated with multiple designs. You still get
> volume component pricing since all PCBs will use the same core
> components.
>
> I suspect #2 would be the top seller.

 ok - i'll put these onto http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/
(when it's back online, whoops phil have you checked if nginx is still
running?)