[Arm-netbook] news article

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Jan 10 15:16:40 GMT 2012

Bari Ari wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 01:30 AM, lkcl luke wrote:
>> http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/52054-british-company-looks-to-create-cheap-open-platforms
>>
>> wey-hey, a proper news article, gosh.  must get a better picture taken though.
>>

> We need to get the EOMA modules out from behind the Pi or being compared
> to it. They are not like the Pi concept at all except for being ARM,
> small and low cost.

AFAICT, "ARM, small and low cost" _IS_ the very concept of R-Pi.

> You can only expand the Pi with spaghetti dongles
> and it's a clumsy board for anything other than plugging in an HDMI
> monitor and USB keyboard/mouse.
>
> Discussions of the EOMA modules should be about flexibility,
> expandability and "swappability". The Pi is something else.

Perhaps, but we really need to get to the point where we have a product
that exists and can be bought. Granted, the R-Pi isn't quite there yet
on that front, either, but they do have a head start.

Everything else is, IMO, secondary.

Gordan