[Arm-netbook] $250 Dev Kit

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Sat Jan 7 19:35:36 GMT 2012

On 01/07/2012 06:55 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Gordan Bobic<gordan at bobich.net>  wrote:

>>>    to wait.  geoff's going to speak to the accountant when he's back on
>>> monday; we've got some money coming in (hooray) next week, cheque to
>>> clear etc. etc. we'll get it sorted next week.
>>
>> What would it take to add an extra one onto the order? As I said, I'm
>> not going to get around to doing anything with it until some time in
>> February at the earliest, but I figure by the time I actually have one
>> in my hands it'll be nearly February anyway, so might as well get one
>> now. Assuming they are willing to sell an extra one for $250.
>
>   let us know a quick description of what you aim to do with it, then
> when jimmy calls them he can at least say something rather than "um".
> that would go down well, eh? :)

As I said a few emails ago, I want to get it running with my RHEL6 ARM
port called Red Sleeve Enterprise Linux (RSEL) so that I can make sure
that it all works and that I can make available a suitable kernel for
that device to go with the distro. If you like you can say it's the
first "enterprise" Linux distro for ARM. :)

The only reason a beta of it is not yet out and available for public
testing and consumption is because I have to replace all the RedHat
branding in images with something else that doesn't look lame (which
sadly excludes the generic-logos replacement package). So as soon as the
arty people that are working on it are done, it will be made available.
The only upshot of that is that it gives me the next week or two to
actually get the website up and running and make sure that a wiki,
bugzilla and a mailing list are in place.

Gordan