[Arm-netbook] $250 Dev Kit

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:17:27 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:

>>  trolltech always released GPL code... 6 months late.  now they've
>> been bought by nokia: nokia's smartphone is now under offer to be
>> bought by microsoft:
>> http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/12/01/05/2325227/microsoft-in-talks-to-buy-nokias-smartphone-division
>
> Oh, how very surprising.
>
> Why is Mr Elop not behind bars for market manipulation BTW?

 don't kick him quite _just_ yet - he's reintroduced a skunkworks
low-cost mobile phone project into nokia (again)... and it's
GNU/Linux-based.

 this _probably_ has some bearing on why MS wants to buy nokia's
smartphone division :)

 on the other hand, if you feel that this was entirely a ploy on his
part, i'll cheerfully lend you my steel toe-capped boots.