[Arm-netbook] ziilabs zms-40

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Thu Jan 5 04:13:17 GMT 2012

Yet another closed mystery ARM SOC only sold to a few secret customers?

http://www.ziilabs.com/products/processors/zms40.aspx

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/ZiiLabs-ZMS40/

FTA:

China bound

/The testimonial quote below suggests that the ZMS-40 will be aimed
initially at China, and first offered in conjunction with a Chinese
tablet vendor.

Stated Sim Wong Hoo, Chairman and CEO of Creative Technology Ltd., "The
tablet market for China is going to explode, especially with China's
recent emphasis on digital textbooks, digital school bags and digital
classrooms for all of its students. The ZMS-40 further allows us to
design and develop a breath-taking 4th generation Android tablet aimed
squarely at the Chinese market."

Hoo goes on to state, "We have developed a beautiful, ultra-slim,
ultralight Chinese tablet with Chinese characteristics and unprecedented
performance based on the ZMS-40 and Android 4.0 with our very own
Chinese platform. We are now forging ahead to form a Chinese Tablet
Alliance with several major Chinese partners both in the horizontal and
vertical market segments to further develop, build and market this
timely tablet." /

/end_fantasy

-Bari