[Arm-netbook] start of allwinner a10 KiCAD component library

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Mon Jan 2 07:25:59 GMT 2012

On 01/02/2012 12:35 AM, lkcl luke wrote:
>> Pin numbers and signal labels are enough.
>   directions / types?
Nah, I'll fill them in.

>> I can create an Orcad Capture symbol for the A10 from the most accurate
>> specs. Including examining the traces from working tablets.
>   very cool.
>
>   btw the git repository is created: url =
> git+ssh://git@git.rhombus-tech.net/eoma.git
>
>   also, um.... would it be hopelessly naive to expect this to work as a
> KiCAD Free Software project? :)

I've only played with KiCAD a bit. It's great for less complex and lower
speed designs. It would take a lot of time and patience to layout DDR3
lines and match them all to <0.020" of the clock lines length. The high
end PCB tools automate much of this if you know how to properly
configure them.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/training_information.jsp?code=WBNR_VFTF09_AN111
has a free online course.

http://www.fedevel.com/welldoneblog/2011/02/ddr-ddr2-ddr3-pcb-layout-examples/