[Arm-netbook] A10 Nand Inteface

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Sun Jan 1 19:32:08 GMT 2012

On 01/01/2012 01:12 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 01/01/2012 06:27 PM, Bari Ari wrote:
>> The A10 nand interface is 8 bits wide. This interface might also be used
>> for an FPGA for RTAI or other flexible IO one might like. It would be
>> nice to have this bus on a header for use with out without on-board Nand.
> Personally, I'd like to see a bunch of RAM hanging off it, instead of
> flash. A gig would be nice. 4 gig would be awesome.

There is a RAM interface as well and I believe they are shooting for 1GB
of DDR3 on the modules.

The NAND interface is separate from the RAM interface. The A10 can
support RAM DDR2/DDR3 and NAND flash at the same time. I believe it was
discussed to have a few gigs of NAND on the module as well. If the NAND
interface also has a header it could be used for NAND and/or FPGA.

-Bari