[Arm-netbook] Open Source as Distraction

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:49:10 GMT 2012

no, guillaume - the words "open source" are *not* a "distraction".

microsoft has an "open" source license.  it goes something like this:

"greetings you fucking moron.  we have an open source license.  you
pay us one million dollars, and you can look at the source code of
windows NT.  if you actually *use* it in anything, if you try to
create any product that uses it, or if you tell *anyone* what you've
seen, we will fuck you over so badly you'll think it's sunday,
christmas and monday every day for the rest of your life".

that license is an "open source" license.  because the source code is
"open", right?

isn't it.

it's "open".

you were granted "open" access to the source code.

so... please do refrain from using the phrase "open source".  richard
will refer you to nice reasonable, readable and logical essays using
sentences in a formal style that is absolutely unique to anyone i've
ever met, and as for me, i'll just start using swear-words.  on public
mailing lists that are permanently and publicly archived.

l.