[Arm-netbook] Allwinner A10 Android Box (not tablet) and some experiment of run Ubuntu.

Adam Gill madallig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:13:05 GMT 2012

On 2/23/2012 8:57 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Simon Kenyon<simon at koala.ie>  wrote:
>> On 02/23/12 11:59, lkcl luke wrote:
>>> tom says he's found a source of these boxes for RMB 320, and that he'd
>>> be happy to order some and then meet my friend adam, who is used to
>>> dealing with posting stuff out to people (standard post, Hong Kong).
>>>
>>> putting on a bit for tom and for adam as well, so they're not out of
>>> pocket, and then putting on HK postage, it's going to come to about
>>> $100 maybe $120 approximately.
>>>
>>> postage calculator for HK speedpost:
>>> http://app1.hongkongpost.com/CGI/speedpost/eng/rate/step1.jsp
>>>
>>> anyone interested, please do say so, and we can get things moving.
>> i am interested
>>
>> but RMB 320 is €38
>   yes that's the price of the unit - it doesn't include handling,
> shipping etc.  adam's got to go over to guangdong to pick it up.
>

>> whereas $120 is €90
>   that's if tom can't get the "insider" price of 320RMB.
>
>   it all adds up.  remember also to take into account that ParcelForce
> will also charge tax and customs duty.
>
> l.
I can send from Hong Kong using EMS or Airmail ... i will undervalue the
item .... and i will put a description like engineering sample for
testing n evaluation ...

Also once I got the updated specs for connectors etc - I will send out
to various factories also to get quotes - need quotes - do you require
samples at this stage?
Adam