[Arm-netbook] microSD breakout board, suitable for debugging using tablets.

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:03:03 GMT 2012

2012/2/14 Alejandro Martínez <zen at itram.es>:
> All right, it works with only those modules, but at the moment I echo
> something to /dev/fb0.. it doesn't freeze as I thought. It becomes
> unresponsive, that is, the command finishes, it will still answer on
> serial on SSH to anything I write, but it will become stuck when I try
> to execute any other command. It will even accept SSH connections but
> they became stuck trying to launch bash.

 bizarre!  that's massively odd.

 so, loading the modules is ok, but it's echo to /dev/fb0 which...  i
mean.... it's just a memory-mapped area of shared memory for goodness
sake!  hmmm... what's this about FB_RESERVED_MEM in
sun4i/disp/dev_fb.c?  hmm, that looks like fun - are you compiling
with that #define being used or not being used?  FB_RESERVED_MEM uses
disp_malloc and disp_free (which are implemented in dev_disp.c) and
without that, the standard linux kernel alloc_pages function is used.

 also just to confirm: if you create a kernel which has these modules
built-in (and you boot with serial console so that nothing gets
written to it) does _that_ work?

 ok, i have an idea.  can you get the CPU clock speed down to its
lowest rate, and try again?