[Arm-netbook] microSD breakout board, suitable for debugging using tablets.

Alejandro Martínez zen at itram.es
Mon Feb 13 10:07:29 GMT 2012

I managed to make the serial console work on my Ainol Novo7Advanced
with your instructions at http://elinux.org/Hack_A10_devices :D

Some pictures of my setup: http://imgur.com/a/qkbFA

I could get the kernel to boot from the Ubuntu root (I extracted it on
top of /data and used the recovery kernel params, then booted using
the volume key), and also the nano wifi modules working and connected
to a wireless network (it has to be insmodded with a parameter
pointing to the firmware folder), but after I insmod the modules for
the LCD and mali (found on init.sun4i.rc), the system freezes after
some seconds (the framebuffer works as quickly doing yes>/dev/fb0
outputs pink). The same kernel and modules (the kernel on that lichee
tar.gz) work flawlessly on Android, so I don't know what's going on.

Do you know what modules have to be loaded for the display to work (or
in what order)? using modprobe instead of insmod (after running
depmod) also makes the system freeze.

Also, running "top" showed ~370mb of total RAM if I remember well..
instead of the 512mb the tablet is supposed to have

I used a Ubuntu Core image:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/11.10/release/ubuntu-core-11.10-core-amd64.tar.gz

extracted to /data, with the root password disabled on /etc/shadow and
those instructions for enabling a shell on the serial console:
http://omappedia.org/wiki/OMAP_Ubuntu_Core#Getting_a_Terminal_on_the_same_serial_port_as_for_the_console

and then modified the linux/paramsr to make it use the data nand
partition instead of the recoveryo ne.

Will try to document everything on the wiki when I have time :)

Alejandro