[Arm-netbook] Mali at fosdem

Alec Ari neotheuser at ymail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:43:42 GMT 2012

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 13:04:26 +0000
> From: lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook] Mali at fosdem
> To: Linux on small ARM machines <arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl>
> wrote:
>
> > code released! https://gitorious.org/lima/lima/trees/master
>
>  suuupeeeeerrrrb.

I read that the ultimate goal for Lima is to work and plug into Gallium. I'm excited to see the code published, but out of plain curiosity, why wasn't the MALI driver written with Mesa/Gallium in mind at the start? Here is the first r600g commit:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=72128962d640846472c1b0dc22cf4ac6ce875dc9

By no means am I complaining or anything, just wondering. Every driver in Mesa right now has started off within Mesa, and I'm just curious as to why this is different. Highly appreciate the work of libv! Thank you!

-Alec