[Arm-netbook] [review] SoC proposal

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Feb 8 21:54:12 GMT 2012

On 02/08/2012 04:18 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
>> (I read on the FONC list the other day about a Tilera-based setup where a
>> full Smalltalk image was running entirely in the 2MB of L2 of each core,
>> treating main memory as remote storage...)
>
> [...] ... but, if you know of anyone who knows about this kinda stuff, and
> the implications at an application level, i'd really like to hear from
> them.  these kinds of decisions - bus widths, cache sizes, internal
> routing architecture - are going to be critical to make sure that the
> processor can deliver.

I'd suggest getting in touch with Jecel Assumpcao Jr.
http://www.merlintec.com/lsi/jecel.html jecel at merlintec.com who has
designed and built many fascinating machines over the years. I'll post
on the FONC list pointing at this list to see if anyone's interested in
the significant synergies that might be possible :-)

Regards,
   Tony