[Arm-netbook] More AC100 Modding Goodness

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Feb 8 14:29:20 GMT 2012

lkcl luke wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
>> lkcl luke wrote:

>>>  ah you've seen the cost of 3840 x 2160 monitors, then?
>> I have a 3840x2400 monitor on my desk:
>> IBM T221:
>> http://www.altechnative.net/?p=192
>> http://www.altechnative.net/?p=220
>> http://www.altechnative.net/?p=238
>> http://www.altechnative.net/?p=260
>>
>> What I haven't seen is an A10 device with two dual-link DVI ports. If
>> you can provide a suitable A10 device, I'll happily test it for you. :)
>>
>> Then again, it seems fair to consider that until there is a suitably
>> equipped device (in this case, equipped with 2+ DL-DVI ports) - the SoC
>> can't do it. An unused/unimplemented feature, is a useless/nonexistant
>> feature.
>
>  deep joy.  so it looks like the MPEG decoder can do 2160p but the
> hardware can't get the bloody data off!

Sounds like classis specmanship* to me. :)

specmanship, n: The art of misrepresenting capabilities of a device for
marketing purposes, typically by saying it will do X and Y when it
cannot in fact to X and Y at the same time.

This might be a good time to check if those extra "undocumented"
features like SATA are actually wired up. ;)

Gordan