[Arm-netbook] rev0 a10 eoma68 board bringup

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 20:17:39 GMT 2012

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer at hozed.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 06:12:07PM +0000, luke.leighton wrote:

>> > could i suggest that all connectors go on one side of the PCB in order
>> > to be able to put it into a case without it looking like a spider
>>
>>  mmm.... well let's think this through.  connectors would be:
>>
>>  * micro-hdmi
>>  * micro-sd
>>  * micro-usb
>>  * RJ45 for ethernet
>>  * full-size USB x2
>>
>> anything else?
>
> Use a magjack with POE support, and leave thru-holes or some sort
> of connector/header to add-in a Silvertel POE module.

 i like that idea.  do you have any circuits kicking around?

> Could you swap micro-hdmi for mini-displayport?

 i'm reluctant to mess with the hdmi, and it took long enough
establishing a supplier for mid-mount micro hdmi.

> What about a stacked full-size USB2x+RJ45 ?

 it'd be the highest thing by a long, long, way.  the board's
currently under 4.5mm even with all components and connectors.  those
are something like 25mm high!  although, yes, it'd make it feasible to
potentially have everything on one side - just kinda swaps one problem
for another.

> How big is 'square-ish' ... Can you keep it under 100x70mm?

 the current board i've managed to get down to 75 x 47mm ok add a few
mm for connectors sticking out, call it 78 x 47mm.  expanding out the
shorter side to accommodate the connectors and it'd be hard to see why
it would be need to be bigger than 75x75mm.