[Arm-netbook] rev0 a10 eoma68 board bringup

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:15:23 GMT 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Henrik Nordström
<henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> fre 2012-12-21 klockan 18:31 +0000 skrev luke.leighton:
>> ok, after rather a lot of poking about with my little £70 maplin's
>> oscilloscope i've been able to confirm that the power's all ok, so i
>> decided to just wing it and, in the very early spl bootloader code
>> (thanks to henrik et al) i set one of the GPIO pins to 0 on one boot
>> then modified it to 1 on the next boot, from SD/MMC.  guess what: the
>> pin changed, yaay.
>
> So SD is booting. That's a step forward.
>
> I am still very confused on why FEL mode is not working for you.

 it's going into FEL mode all right - it's that when it's in FEL mode
and you plug it in you get "USB device not accepting address, error
-77" or something like that, which is a definite "oops".

 what i'm going to do is to use this to find out the point at which
where it stops happening.  repeat and use binary search to find the
function which goes tits-up.

> If SD
> booting is working then there is an image forcing FEL mode in
> sunxi-tools.

 ah hmm i wonder if that's worth trying.

> Debugging the board from FEL mode is a whole lot easier than swapping SD
> cards all the time.

 tell me about it!