[Arm-netbook] Fwd: An open by design laptop

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sun Dec 16 21:48:08 GMT 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 08:27:34PM +0000, luke.leighton wrote:
> On 12/16/12, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:
>
> > Luke,
> >
> > His email address is silk-screened  on the board right by the MicroSD
> > holder.
>
>  doh!  and now it's archived forever on arm-netbooks, yaay! :)

He's got the Altium files for the boards on his website.. Anyone want to try
importing them into KiCad and/or Upverter? I'd prefer KiCad, but Upverter is
free for open source http://upverter.com/pricing/

I think we should organize a group bulk-buy of say 100 boards or something like
that. Can someone please get in touch with Bunnie and ask him if he wants to
deal with that hassle, or if we should nominate someone else to hassle with
fullfillment & shipping?

If there are no other nominations, I'll volunteer to slap up something based on
http://q3u.be/CSD.html and take 10% over expenses to deal with ordering/
fullfillment/shipping if Bunnie is not interested, and the rest of you
think it's a good idea.

If there's interest, I can also talk to a lawyer about offering something
with an actual warrantee and return policy as a (higher, probably 2x cost)
option.