[Arm-netbook] Release of SoM board KiCAD files with 2x100 pin ARM as a stepping stone

jm joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 15:23:36 GMT 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 15:12 +0000, Derek wrote:
> jm <joem <at> martindale-electric.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Legality also bugged me so much - I asked for sources at miniand, and it
> > fell on deaf ears. Main reason why the link I posted is not reachable
> > through any directly advertised route until the mess get sorted.
> > Plus I need source code for my projects!!!
>
> Isn't this from the linux-sunxi repo?  github.com/linux-sunxi?
>
> I'm working on building for an mk802ii myself, but the images for all the
> devices seem to come from the same set of instructions:
>
> 1. Build u-boot for the device
> 2. partition the card, put SPL at 8k and u-boot.bin at 32k
> 3. Put uImage and boot.scr on partition 1
> 4. Put filesystem containing /bin/init on partition 2
>
> > Absolutely everyone not release their GPL'd source code!!
> > I don't see who benefits from hoarding the code.
> > Less sales for miniand and AllWinner if no one can get to the sources
> > and improve it. Only 5 to 10 engineers can improve it instead of tens of
> > thousands. So sad!
> >
> > So, Luke, where is yours for the EOMA? Hardware is only days and weeks
> > away!
>
> Isn't the kernel for EOMA at that same repo?  github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi

I'm missing something here. The sources exist? But only the
detailed instructions that does the whole
thing is missing?

Well if someone points me in the right directions, I go make
it all from scratch and a script file. I need it for my SoM board
that is supposed to work with 5" and 7" LCD, but I am happy
to get it working with HDMI and MK802 first and document it and
release it GPL'd for everyone to use as they wish.