[Arm-netbook] Release of SoM board KiCAD files with 2x100 pin ARM as a stepping stone

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:27:44 GMT 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM, jm <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

> I will read up and follow your advise.

 ah no - if the focus is different, don't do it :)

> But we have to disagree on some details here.
>
> What I want is full linux from scratch with a script for those guys
> that want to customize. i.e. Just one well maintained
> script for a SoM. It will be hard to get it going I know.

 in many ways it's not your problem, i.e. not your role.  what i'd
recommend is that you just do one [of your own], make the kernel
config available, document the process and let people get on with it.

 look at what happened with the mele a1000.  once that was available,
even just android, people picked it apart and now there's over *eight*
separate distros.

 basically you do *not* have to do this all on your own: people _will_ help you.