[Arm-netbook] FSF-Endorseable Processor

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Wed Dec 5 08:14:50 GMT 2012

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 08:40:47 +0100
Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> ons 2012-12-05 klockan 07:12 +0000 skrev luke.leighton:
>
> >  it's not opensource, it's entirely free software.  remember i'm a
> > free software advocate: i wouldn't seek $10m investment for something
> > that promotes opensource or proprietary software!
>
> Negation error?

I believe Luke meant the distinction between open source and Free Software as
discussed in https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Technically though, programs that conform to the FSF's definition of Free
Software[1] will also conform to OSI definition of Open Source[2]; so a program
can't really be free software but not open source.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

[2] http://opensource.org/docs/osd

--
With respect,