[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 26, Issue 32

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 11:37:13 BST 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 6:25 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Ershov Sergey <ershovu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:20:28 +0100
>>> From: lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
>>> Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 26, Issue 31

>>>  i've already added the TFBGA-441 part.
>>

>> Please give a direct link to part TFBGA-441 (not found on
>> http://git.rhombus-tech.net/)/.
>
>  http://git.rhombus-tech.net.  sorry, sergey - it's in there.  i
> wouldn't provide that link if it wasn't in there, would i?
>
>  you *can* use "find . | xargs grep -i allwinner" or "find . | grep
> allwinner" or "find . | xargs grep 441" - if you had done that, you
> would have come up with this:
>
>  http://git.rhombus-tech.net/?p=eoma.git;a=blob;f=pcb/allwinner_a10/library/allwinner.lib;h=cd435ae32f3049d7b6dcb524af0fcc6ec1a6b77d;hb=dfaa27a0ec6db9eaaa8abc74c68849caa64b721b

 sorry about this, ershov - i was just caught by surprise.  i'm very
much used to being able to find things, and because i read it
somewhere on a netiquette advice page somewhere, when i ask for help
on a public mailing list i'm also used to saying "i'm sorry, i've
tried following your advice, i've looked here, here, here and here,
i've used techniques a b c and d to try to find the answer that you
say is there but i just can't see it.  please could you give me some
advice?"

 whereas the way that i see what you wrote, it seemed to be saying
"you're wrong, and also i cannot be bothered to find out, so i'm going
to *make* you take up your valuable time by telling me".

 can you see how, if you had said "i'm really sorry, i've tried
looking by using search techniques" that we could then go over those
techniques and improve them?  instead, i have absolutely *no* idea
what you previously tried, so i had to enumerate *all* possible search
methods.

 but, much worse than that, you triggered a response which, rather
than encouraging you to participate in this project - how could you
ever respond "thank you" to what i wrote? - probably actually
*dis*-couraged you.

 please therefore do take care to *show* that you're willing.  i
realise english isn't your first language: that's never going to be a
problem, because this is the internet age, we're used to that now.

 ok sah? :)

 /peace