[Arm-netbook] a10-hwpack-bld.sh mele-a1000 HDMI Not Working

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Tue Aug 21 05:57:58 BST 2012

On 21/08/2012 11:41, Piyush Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I build image using a10-hwpack-bld.sh mele-a1000
> flashed using a1x-media-create.sh.
> Transferred older file like evb.bin
> Used modprobe HDMI.
> Drivers loaded. But no output in HDMI.
>
> Not sure if evb.bin is different.
>
> How ever in recent practical I come to know that evb.bin is standard
> fex binary file.
>
> Earlier I have forked kernel locally and that build is working properly.
>
> A10 is still mysterious for me because here is not only KRENEL &
> ROOTFS but also some hidden stuff like booscript evb.ib stuff.
>

> I did some hit & try and currently my success flashing process is as
> below.
>
> 1.  ./makeSD.sh /dev/sdd mele-ubuntu-lucid.img
> 2.  delete all file from fat fs.
> 3.  copy my custom mele.bin to fat_fs/evb.bin
> 4.  copy uImage /fat_fs/
> 5.  copy rootfs ext4_fs/
>
> Surprisingly it works perfectly without any of those extra file.
>
> Do we need to redefine conclusion about evb.bin and other files or
> something I am missing?
>

> in current case I have working solution however the default build not
> working.
> In this situation is it right to update to mailing list or I am
> bothering everybody  :) ?
>

> --
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Piyush Verma

Hi Piyush,

Could you try the nightly build image:
http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/nightly/latest/mele-a1000_hwpack_2012.08.21.7z ?

Then use you working SD card and run:
./a1x-media-create.sh. /dev/sdX mele-a1000_hwpack_2012.08.21.7z norootfs

This will update everything except your rootfs.
Yesterday I committed a fix, as I gave the incorrect file name to
boot.scr in the FAT partition.