[Arm-netbook] Amlogic AML8726-MX SoC kernel source code released

Mark Wilczynski mark_wilczynski at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:55:22 BST 2012

According the the forums, Ainol (a large Chinese tablet maker) will be releasing source to their line of AML8726-MX tablets in the next week or so.  We'll have to see if that actually happens.  If so, maybe Amlogic has adjusted their NDA requirements.  It looks like a really good chip.  I've seen 7" 1024x600  tablets with this 1.5 Ghz dual-core A9/ Dual-core Mali chip and 1GB RAM for only $99.  Imagine how cheap just a motherboard or Mele type box would be.