[Arm-netbook] Broken Mele A1000?

Anders Fluur anders at fluur.net
Fri Aug 17 09:31:37 BST 2012

Hi,

Last time I started my A1000, it hung while showing the screen with the Text
"Android".
This lasted for quite some time, then the HDMI signal was lost on the TV.
I noticed that the LED had stopped lighting as well.

When measuring the voltage on the connector from the power supply, it showed 0 V.
Having cut up the wires to the connector I could see that power supply actually
worked, but the connector was reincarnated into a short circuit.
I replaced the connector, but still no LED light.
When measuring voltage inside on the power connector to the SATA connector, it
shows 0V.
Outside the box it shows 5.2V.
I guess the the A1000 is broken? Or is the LED software controlled, what do you
think?

I'm now the owner of two broken or partly broken A10 devices.
Just me or is this the typical typical Chinese quality in this market segment?

BR
Anders